A domain registration is a record that indicates ownership of a domain. These records are stored with companies called Domain Name Registrars. A Domain Name Registrar is an organization or commercial entity that manages the reservation of Internet domain names. A domain name registrar must be accredited by a generic top-level domain (gTLD) registry and/or a country code top-level domain (ccTLD) registry. The management is done in accordance with the guidelines of the designated domain name registries and to offer such services to the public.
If you need to transfer the registration of your domain to or from CS kern, this page will tell you how.
Transfering a domain to CS Kern.
- Log in to your registrar's website and do whatever is neccesary to unlock the domain, and generate an EPP auth code (transfer auth code) if neccesary.
- Notify CS Kern that the domain is unlocked and send us the auth code.
- At this point we will request transfer of the domain to our account. You should receive an authorization email asking if you want to allow the transfer to happen. You must approve the transfer via this email or it will fail.
Transfering a domain from CS Kern.
- CS Kern will unlock the domain and generate an EPP (transfer) auth code.
- At this point CS Kern will notify you that we are ready to proceed with the transfer. It is up to you to request the transfer of the domain registration with your registrar.
- We will receive an email asking us to confirm the transfer of the registration which we will do as soon as possible.
- Domain/Domain name: google.com, cskern.com, etc
- Registrar: The entity through whom a domain is registered. Examples are GoDaddy, network solutions, etc.
- Domain Holder: The person or entity to whom a domain is registered. May also be referred to as transferor.
- Domain Registration: The process of claiming ownership of (usually purchasing) a domain. This is done through a domain registrar.
- Domain Transfer: The process of transfering the registration of a domain to another person or entity. This can be done from one registrar to another (e.g. changing a registration from GoDaddy to Network Solutions), or just from one person to another within the same registrar.
- Transferee: The person or entity to whom the domain is being transferred.